Sunday, July 22, 2007

Messy Marvin





My little tornado named Addison had quite the eventful weekend. On top of having a relapse of her cold, she decided to display a very strong will on Saturday and insist that I let her feed herself with the spoon. Since she seemed adamant to do it herself, I figured there was no use in fighting her. She actually did a great job putting the spoon in her mouth until she decided to stick her hand in the bowl of food and play in it. Of course, I had the camera nearby and was able to snap a few shots of her highchair artwork "a la carrots and apples." After her feeding frenzy, she was playing with some toys and just stood up from the toy basket and started walking to me. She smiled and acted like it was no big deal....like an ace she's been keeping up her sleeve. She's been walking a good bit since then. She still prefers crawling because she knows she can get around a lot faster, but she's getting better and better with each step. We'll try to capture some of her steps on video this week and post. While I was unloading the dishwasher Saturday night, she crawled up in the dishwasher and started pulling the racks out. She was so proud of herself. I have to admit, it was pretty funny. And after she fed herself, a trip through the rinse cycle probably would have done some good! Since she was so clingy Saturday, I took advantage of holding her and getting some extra hugs and kisses. Colin went to play Halo for a few hours at the church and Addison and I had some great mother/daughter time. I put some music on and danced around the house with her. She just laughed and laughed. She loved being twirled around. There's nothing better than quality time with your child and she's certainly the best entertainment around (not to mention pretty good exercise too). Hope everyone has a great week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olivia loves to help load the dishwasher too! :) And when they get older, their not going to want to help us then! :)

AMANDA said...

hey girl --- love the new layout ---- the pics are great also. :)