Saturday, April 25, 2009

Busy as Little Bees

Colin and I made it back safely from Fort Leonard Wood and were very happy to see our babies. I think they were happy to see us too. It's amazing that although we've only had children for a couple years that we already look at each other when we are alone and wonder what we're supposed to talk about besides the kids. We had a great time in St. Louis Saturday night hanging out with a couple of friends. It was definitely like old times. One thing I noticed on the trip was that even though it was nice to enjoy a meal together without having to constantly tell Addison to sit in her seat or move something that Landry is trying to pull off the table....I missed the chaos all the same. It was good to be home and smother them in hugs and kisses. My mom said a few more days away and she was worried that we'd miss Landry taking his first steps. I started looking at our calendar when we got back and let me just say...it's going to be a busy summer. Addison only has a few more weeks of school left and will celebrate with an end-of-the-year swimming party. She had a blast on the water slides last year, so I can't imagine how much more she'll enjoy them this year. My cousin Michael is getting married at the end of May. Colin and my brother are both groomsmen, so we're hosting a Honey Do for him next weekend. Landry's church baby dedication is on Mother's Day and the following weekend, Colin will be heading to New Orleans for the bachelor party. The week after the wedding, my baby turns one year old and I need to get busy with plans for a family birthday party. Soon after Landry's birthday, Colin and I pack up and set sail to the Eastern Caribbean on the Carnival Glory for seven days with stops in Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. I'm super excited, but I hope that I can survive being away from my babies for nine days! We celebrate our seven-year anniversary in July, so I guess this trip will be an early present to each other. We also have two cousins who are expecting---one in July and one in September---so I'm sure there will be a couple of baby showers thrown in this summer as well. In August, I celebrate the big 3-0 and two days later, my baby turns three. We're going to need a long nap once September gets here! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Oh wow... 9 days! I know you aren't going to believe this, but I dno't think I have ever been away from my boys that long.

Amy said...

My gracious! Why don't y'all just quit sitting around and make some plans already! :)

AMANDA said...

Oh how I would love a cruise. One day I will get one one again:)