Monday, April 06, 2009

Pig Roasts and Pigtails

I just love kissing those little round cheeks! Just a swingin'!
Such innocence....this is a rare moment as she rarely sits still.
Always exploring
I can't believe my baby girl will be three in a few months.

First set of pigtails (although there's not much you can see).
The weather was so beautiful over the weekend that it was just too hard to stay inside. Friday afternoon, Colin and I took the kids to Madison to have their spring pics made with Jeanelle. Our last two scheduled sessions had been rained out, but Friday was the perfect spring day for pics. After our session, we stopped at the Alumni House to grab a quick bite and then ran to Target to pick up a few things. Saturday, we packed up around noon and headed to Jill's house in Flora for a pig roast with Colin's coworkers. This is the second annual pig roast and the weather was once again perfect for an outdoor party. Jill and Sammy recently purchased one of the larger wooden playsets for their children, Addison and Landry were in hog heaven (no pun intended). They literally stayed on the swings just about the whole time we were there. Landry even knodded off a few times and fell face forward on the tray of the swing. Despite how tired he was, he screamed bloody murder when I got him out of the swing. I'd say he loves to swing! HA! Since both he and Addison missed their nap time, we decided to call it a day around 5 p.m. and headed back to Vicksburg. We didn't even get out of Jill's driveway before both kids were snoring in the backseat. Needless to say, we decided to do baths early Saturday night. Yesterday, Colin took the kids to see his parents for a few hours. Since she always plays so hard at Nana and Pappaw's, I decided to put Addie's hair up in her first set of pig tails. It's hard to tell the pigtails from her curls in the pic, since they all look the same. Colin spent the rest of the afternoon pulling the kids around the cul-de-sac in the wagon while I went to Clinton to meet one of my sweet new blog friends, Carly, at her Kelly's Kids party. Carly, it was so great to meet you! Your house is beautiful, your children are adorable and you are truly a portrait of Southern hospitality. Thanks so much for the invite! We have another busy week and weekend planned. Addison is having her preschool Easter egg hunt and class party on Wednesday and then she's out of school until April 20. We also have our church preschool Easter egg hunt on Saturday, so we have eggs to dye this week and other goodies to make. Lots of eggcitement in the air! :) Fall and spring are definitely my favorite times of the year!

7 comments:

Carly Winborne said...

i'm honored that you came! thank you for saying such nice things, it was wonderful meeting you. i was hoping you'd leave your gorgeous eyelashes here (not that they were fake, but they're unbelievable!!).

we'll do it again soon!

Deanna said...

I can't wait to see your spring pics. Janelle does such great ones!!

Spring is always full of such fun activities. Your pics are always so cute.

Tyanne said...

it was good to see you, we will all have to get together again this summer sometime!

Woodman said...

Love the pig tails!!! :) And I'm curious about the meeting the new blog friend!! You found her blog and ended up going to meet her??? How cool is that!!

Sweet T said...

Sooo jealous you got to meet Carly! Kids look adorable as usual! The pigtails are awesome!

Unknown said...

They are just too cute and growing like weeds! Love the outfits!

Melissa said...

Love the pigtails and those cute little cheeks. It seems they have grown since I came by your blog last. I am sorry it has been long, we had a heart issue pop up with my daughter but things are under control now for the least. Love all the new pics. Hope you have a Blessed Easter.