Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Monkey See, Monkey Do

My sweet boy checking things out on the front porch.
And since the blog always shows the good moments, I decided to post a pic to prove that all mothers have those moments that they have to deal with a screaming and bucking tantrum- throwing child. :)

Addison's tea party that she set up for her, brother and their imaginary friends.

This is what I came home to last night...notice a place is set at every seat. She even put tea party stuff at my breakfast table in the other room.

Addison telling brother all about the bats in her book.
I love those little cheeks!
Meet Grandpa Jones who forgot to put his teeth in...ha!

It's been so amazing lately to sit back and watch Addison and Landry's interaction with each other and the special bond that already exists between the two of them. Now that Landry is more mobile, Addison is reacting to him a bit differently....sometimes she's very loving and makes sure that he's always included ("mama, don't forget brudder" or "I want to go wake up my brudder") and other times she's the annoyed older sister when he starts getting into her stuff ("mama, brudder is getting my crayons!") Oh, how they keep us busy! Even though it seems we are constantly correcting, chasing, refereeing, etc., it's so nice to just be a fly on the wall at times and peak in as they are playing. Addison loves books and is always reading as you can see in one of the pics. On a side note, it's hilarious when she reads the story back to us. Earlier this week, she was sitting in her bedroom floor flipping through books and making up stories when Landry crawled in, grabbed a book, sat across from her and started watching and imitating her every move. I happened to peak in and it was so sweet to see him in such adoration of his sister. The very next night, he saw Addison saying the blessing at the dinner table and he immediately bowed his head and folded his hands in prayer. What a sweet moment! He wants to do everything she does and even plays tea party with her. Addison is such a great little teacher. She's been learning sign language-- something that we started with her at five months old and recently have been expanding on--- and she knows quite a few signs these days. I didn't know just how much Landry paid attention to her until he started doing the sign for "dog" this weekend and was so proud of himself. I'm hoping that she'll only teach him good things. :)

5 comments:

Carly Winborne said...

so so fun. aren't kids the best?

PS: i am in LOVE with that smocked outfit Landry is wearing. love those cars! where did you find it?

AMANDA said...

Those little ones are adorable. It is so much fun to watch your kids and all of the changes they go through.

Deanna said...

I am going to send your blog to a new friend. She has been getting pressure from her family to go ahead and get pregnant because they fear that if she doesn't have a certain age between her kids that they won't get along well. I keep reassuring her that our children do what we nurture them to do regardless of their age difference. I think seeing your blog would be another good reenforcement of that for her.

Wilson said...

Thanks, Deanna. I hope it will help. And I agree...it's all about nurturing.

Amy said...

Looks like Miss Addison is going to be quite the hostess...just like her mama! :)