Monday, October 03, 2005

Fourth Time's A Charm..Hopefully

We had our fourth treatment this past week. We went in late Thursday afternoon for an ultrasound to look for mature follicles/eggs. The ultrasound indicated that I had a 25mm and a 23mm follicle on my right ovary and a 25mm follicle on my left ovary. I also had a 9mm endometrium, which is thick enough for implantation should fertilization occur. The nurse gave me a trigger shot to release my eggs and scheduled our insemination for first thing Friday morning. We went in bright and early on Friday and dropped off Colin's sample at the lab. The lab tech said the sample looked great...good strong count for the IUI. Colin and I joked with the nurse about how much we loved her and the rest of the staff, but that we were tired of seeing them all the time. So, we all agreed that this had to be IT! We're now in the two week wait. I can do a home pregnancy test on October 15th. Let's hope this is it!

No comments: