Monday, October 17, 2005

We're Singing the Baby Blues

Well, apparently fourth time wasn't a charm for us. I tested on Saturday morning and the test was negative and my cycle started soon after. We're crushed, but we have no choice but to move on and keep trying. At this point, we just really want to know why things aren't working right. It's aggravating when you know that you CAN get pregnant. As November 29th (my due date before the miscarriage) nears, it gets harder and harder to cope. We really prayed and believed that I would be pregnant again before my due date and now we only have one more chance to make that happen. I called the nurse today and left a message to schedule my next treatment. I really feel like I need a break, but Colin urged me to continue since I have a refill on my Clomid. I guess we'll have another insemination in two weeks--around the end of October. We had a good time in Oxford despite the negative test. The ballgame was a lot of fun, despite our heartbreaking loss right at the end. It was fun to cheer for the Rebels. It kept my mind off the reality of things. We're also seriously considering adoption right now, but have discovered that it can be quite expensive. I'm not sure how anyone can afford to pay $15,000 to $40,000 to adopt. It's kind of discouraging when you find out how much it costs and the length of waiting lists for babies. I appreciate those of you who called this past weekend to find out about the test and to tell us that you love us...your support gives us hope.

No comments: