Monday, October 31, 2005

A Minor Setback

Here's the latest from the Leach front...I went to the doctor on Friday for my ultrasound and trigger shot, but things didn't go exactly as planned. Dr. Isaacs did my ultrasound and I had three good follicles. They weren't as big as last time, but still good. My endometrium/lining was a little thin and we were a little concerned about that. Basically, a thin lining could prevent me from getting pregnant or result in miscarriage if I were to get pregnant (since my lining wouldn't be thick enough to support the pregnancy). I also asked about the timing of our inseminations since my cycle days seem to be off just a bit after my trigger shot. Dr. Isaacs decided that he wanted to bring me in today for a second ultrasound and check my lining again to see if it has thickened any over the weekend. If everything goes well today, they'll give me the trigger shot and schedule the insemination for the morning. I'm hoping today's appointment goes better that Friday did. My blood pressure dropped a bit after the ultrasound and I had a near-fainting spell. After lying on the table and being cooled down with wet rags by the nurse, I felt better....a little embarrassed...but a lot better. Colin and I had lunch at Bravo when we left and I started feeling much better. Please also continue to pray for Chris and Heather. The doctors lost the pulse in Chris' leg on Friday night and had to amputate his left leg above the knee on Saturday night. Amy Henry and I visited Heather at the hospital on Saturday and she seemed to be holding up well. She just looked emotionally drained and physically exhausted. They need our prayers right now.

No comments: