Tuesday, October 11, 2005
What a Beautiful Weekend!
The weather this past weekend was absolutely gorgeous. We kept our windows at the house open just about the whole weekend and the breeze felt fabulous. Saturday, we had lunch with Colin's mom out on our new patio. It was nice to sit outside and not have sweat pouring down our backs for a change. Sunday, Colin and I went to our cooking class at Everyday Gourmet. Let's just say that Colin was definitely out of his element. Each group/couple broke off into stations to prepare the meal. Colin and I started off making the crostini for the herbed goat cheese spread. I cut the baguette into slices and let him brush each slice with olive oil. As I was checking on the crostini in the oven, the instructor saw Colin wandering around and told him he could get started on the sherry vinaigrette for the salad. I could instantly see the terror in his face. He knows nothing about cooking, so he had no clue where to start. One of the assistants told him to start with a clove of garlic and he had to ask her whether to take the skin off of it first. It was hysterical! Luckily, I came to his rescue as soon as the crostini came out of the oven and we finished making the vinaigrette and put the salad together. Once everything was prepared, we sat down and had the crostini, the salad, baked polenta with mushroom ragu and a bolognese sauce, and a mocha semifreddo. The dessert was excellent and the mushroom ragu was tasty too. I know Colin was relieved when it was over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment