Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I Heart Fall

Finally, fall is just around the corner! I absolutely love this time of the year and I think I say that every year at this time. There's just something about the crisp weather, changing of the leaves, pumpkins, mums, college football and bright blue skies. I just can't get enough of it. Unfortunately, we don't have much of a fall or a spring here in Mississippi. Our seasons are more like "hot" and "cold." I have so many wonderful memories of fall gatherings with family and friends...that may be why I love this time of the year so much. Amanda and I have tried to jumpstart our walking routine once again. Now that the evenings are much cooler, we have no excuse. We've been trying to go after I get Addison in bed at night. Hopefully, we can keep it up. This Friday, Colin is taking me on a much-needed date. It's been months since the two of us went on a real date. We always feel guilty about leaving Addison with someone else on the weekends...even if it's just for a few hours. It's hard to spend time away from her knowing that she's growing up right before our very eyes. We just hate to miss out on quality time with her. Saturday, I'm taking Lane and Addison to Jackson to meet Amanda and her friend Rachelle (and her little girl Addison) and we're going to get some pictures of the kids at Mynelle Gardens on the beautiful iron bridge. We're taking along the fairy costumes, so I hope to post some pics next week of the girls making their fairy debut. Until then, I hope to be outside enjoying the fall weather while it lasts!

No comments: