Saturday, September 22, 2007

Little Garden Fairies

This morning, my friend Amanda and her kids, her friends Rachell and Jeffrey and their little girl (also named Addison), my mom, my cousin Laiken, and Addison and I started the day off bright and early. We headed to Mynelle Gardens in Jackson to get some pictures of all of the kids, and we had a wonderful time. The gardens were absolutely breathtaking, the kids were very cooperative and enjoyed being outside, and we got lucky in that it was overcast and not blazing hot. Despite a little humidity, we were able to get some precious pictures of the girls in their fairy costumes and some shots of them just being kids! We wrapped up our morning at the gardens just as the rain moved in and sought refuge from the humidity and drizzle at Margaritas for lunch. After a delicious lunch, we went shopping and then headed back to Vicksburg to crash. I am working on downloading the 225 pictures that were taken and will post some soon.

On another note, Addison gave us a real scare this week. She went back to the doctor on Thursday for a re-check and her ears are even worse than they had been in previous weeks. She was given a shot of penicillin and a third antibiotic and we were told that she'll probably end up getting tubes very soon. As a result of her ears hurting, she quit eating and drinking to the point where she didn't have a wet diaper for almost 24 hours and I was seriously worried about her dehydrating. Everything she ate would come back up since her stomach was so empty and apparently full of irritating acid. I called the doctor's office before rushing her to the ER and they told me to just keep trying with the liquids and food. Luckily, after numbing her pain with ear drops and Tylenol, I was able to get her to eat this morning. Hallelujah! I hope she continues to eat since she's lost three pounds since her last doctor's visit. She's given us a run for our money lately when it comes to being sick.

1 comment:

AMANDA said...

I can't wait to see the pictures:)
I know they will be wonderful. I put a couple of my snapshots from my little camera on my blog.