Saturday, March 28, 2009
Purple Nose
Addison succeeded in giving me a heart attack today. She spent the night with "the girls" (cousins Laiken and Abby) at my parent's house last night. The girls made homemade playdough with Nana last night and had big plans today to make sugar cookies and decorate with pretty pastels for Easter this afternoon. I got up early this morning and got busy doing some spring cleaning around the house and was on a roll (in between rescuing Landry from everything he decided to get into) when my mom called around 11 a.m. and told me that I needed to come to her house ASAP. I could hear Addison screaming hysterically in the background and mama explained that Abby had dropped Addison on the hardwood floor and she thought her nose was broken. Apparently, it was pouring blood and was puffy and turning purple, so mama just knew that it had to be broken. Luckily, I had gotten dressed and just needed to dry my hair, so I dried my hair in ten seconds flat and headed to Rebel Yell fully preparing for a trip to the ER followed by an ENT visit. Holly, does this sound familiar at all? By the time we got there, she had calmed down, mama had stopped the bleeding, and the purpleness had pretty much faded. Her nose was still real puffy and she had a good bit of dried blood inside, but Colin determined that it looked okay to him. I did notice after her bath tonight that there's a good bit of dried blood clotted inside the top where she hit the hardest. I guess we'll be using a lot of saline over the next few days to clean all of that out. Hopefully, she won't wake up with two black eyes in the morning. Children sure know how to give their parents a heart attack!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH Man, that's awful! I hope there's no bruising, but if there is, we'll just photoshop it out, as usual! :)
If we can still shoot tomorrow, that is. :(
I'll drive up in the morning to see the conditions and let u know.
kids are always one step away from an accident- scary being parents!
Glad there were no broken bones though!
Post a Comment