Saturday, March 07, 2009

Taking a Leap

Today was a big day for me! I got to do something that I have always wanted to do and I have to say that it turned out so great. Five weeks ago, my cousin called to announce her engagement and asked if I would be willing to cater and decoration a reception for 50-100 people (among a few other odd jobs). Most everyone knows that I love to entertain, but I've never been responsible for catering an actual wedding reception even though I've always wanted to. I admit I was a little nervous at first, but I called up my best gal friend, Katie, and she called a friend of hers and we got busy. After a trip to Sam's and Kroger this week, I unloaded everything at the church last night and Katie, Kristen, and I did all the flower arrangements for the reception, set up the tables, prepped all the food, and decorated the cake tables and sitting areas. Despite the fact that I did all of this gratis as my gift to the bride and groom, we received glowing remarks and even got a couple of job offers. Katie and Kristen, y'all are awesome! Let me know when you want to start our business. :) I have several photos to share (since I was asked to take pics at the wedding also), but I am too exahusted to download and post them tonight....so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I can't WAIT to see your photos. I know that it was beautiful and have no doubt that if you started a business it would be a smashing success.