Sunday, May 03, 2009

All Partied Out

Even though Cinco de Mayo is on Tuesday, I'm all Cinco de Mayoed out after last night. HA! The cousins (Colin, me, Taylor and Krisa) helped host a Mexican theme Honey-Do shower for our cousin Michael along with some friends of ours. The shower was great and I think everyone had a great time, but I'm just worn out. I've been fighting my sinuses and fatigue for the past few days and haven't taken care of myself. Why must I always push myself to the limit? Thursday, I worked until 7 p.m., bathed my kids at my mom and dad's since Colin was playing softball (both were extremely cranky by the way and not at all sensitive to the fact that I'd just worked a 10 1/2-hour day) and didn't make it home until 8:30 and still had to get Addison in the bed. I woke up feeling very run down on Friday, but still went to work and planned to take off at lunch so I could finish my grocery shopping for the party. Well, things came up at work and that didn't happen. Instead, I left work at 5:30, had to fight a crowd at Kroger, pick up dinner, pick up Addison (but she begged to stay with Nana and Papa, so I relented), and finally made it home about 7:30. Once I got groceries put away and Landry in bed and started making appetizers for the party, it was already 9 p.m. I think I finally crawled into bed around 12:30 with aching feet. What a long day! Yesterday morning, I had to finish making food and pack up serving pieces and partyware with Landry hanging on my leg crying. He has been sick and was feeling awful yesterday. At one point, I just stopped cooking and spent a good hour rocking him even though that made me rush around even more later. After a full day of cooking, cleaning and mothering, I sat for the first time on the short car ride over to the party at 5:15. I'm guessing everyone enjoyed the party seeing as the party started at 7 and the last guest left at 12:55. I think Mexican was a good, fun choice. People raved about the food and the guys enjoyed sitting out on the patio discussing football and other guy stuff. After grabbing our serving pieces and loading the car, Colin and I crawled in the bed about 1:30 a.m. Can I tell you how old I felt today after being up so late? And believe it or not, I took my camera to the party and never even got it out of the car because I had so much other stuff to carry inside. So, let me just say, it was fun, but I don't think I want to look at any Mexican food this week! :) Nighty, night...I have a lot of sleep to catch up on.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh I hear ya girl! I don't think I've gotten in bed before midnight for the past week and I'm back up by 6. You can add a water leak from the ceiling to my list of things on the blog. It just never stops around here! I hope you get some much needed rest soon.

AMANDA said...

Sounds like the party was a blast. We are doing a fiesta theme day on wednesday for the teachers for teacher appredtiation week. Do you have left over mexican decor we could borrow:)