Monday, May 18, 2009

Tale of an Insane Mother...Part Two

Okay, so for those who are interested and who haven't already heard the story, this is why I am indeed ordering myself a straight jacket soon. (I hope they at least come in in polka dots or something cute for summer). As I mentioned in my previous post, Colin went to New Orleans this weekend for a bachelor party and I was left to tend to the two wee ones after a very long week at work. Of course, who am I kidding? The past six months at work have been insane for me because we are so short-handed. Anyway, just as A started mastering the use of certain good manners and I was feeling rather proud of our role as parents, she decided to do a complete 180 and give me a run for my money. I despise backtalking more than anything and she has really tested me this past weekend with it. I could go on and on with my battle scars from this weekend, but I'll just share this one little tale that was not so funny at the time. My mom kept L for me Saturday so that I could run to Jackson to return something and buy a few graduation gifts and a baby shower gift. I was in Target during Addie's naptime and was trying my best to finish up and get out of there. She was growing more irritable by the minute, which meant so was I. I quickly checked out, took her to the potty since I knew she would fall asleep in the car on the way back to V-burg, and then we headed home. We didn't even get past the airport before she started screaming that she had to go potty...and I do mean screaming! She insisted that I pull over. Not wanting to clean up an accident in the backseat, I pulled over in an empty parking lot near the woods, pulled her pants off, helped her tinkle in the grass and then tried to dry her off and put a pull-up on her in case she fell asleep. Since it was already waaaay past her naptime, she went ballistic when she saw the pull-up and started saying, "I not take a nap in the car." She literally laid in the grass, naked butt and all and threw herself a little fit. She then got mad that she had grass stuck to her behind and started kicking and screaming even louder. I gave up at that point and told her I was leaving her and started walking back to the car. She then started running after me....still naked from the waist down and with grass stuck to her bottom... as cars are driving by and watching. She eventually calmed down and let me get her bottoms on, but then she realized she still had some grass sticking to her and she went ballistic once again. After several minutes of this, I finally got her back in the car. I got back into the car, sweat pouring from my head, thinking of Colin down in New Orleans hanging out with the guys and I just had to laugh to keep from crying...and to keep from driving myself to Whitfield and checking myself in. Ha!

3 comments:

Tyanne said...

I know it wasn't funny then but that is so funny, sam thinks it is fun to tee tee on the side of the road and it drives me insane!!! I just try to think at those times that we are making memories that will haunt them in high school and rehearsal dinners!!

Carrie said...

Awww...that sounds like something that would happen around here! Bless your heart! Grass sticking to her is hilarious! Ah, good times!

Melissa said...

Too funny. In the moment stressful, but reading it so very funny. We have all been there. i hate to scare you but the three's are way worse than the two's. hang in there, they will be tem like mine before ya know it and you'd give anything for those days again.