Thursday, May 07, 2009

Snuggle Bugs





As crazy as my workload at the office has been lately, it's hard to keep from driving myself to the looney bin in the evenings. (I'm joking...okay, a little). Despite all of that, these two snuggle bugs manage to keep things in perspective for me. When I've been at work WAY too long and the knots in my neck are about to kill me, I just remind myself that I've done what I can do in a day and that they're depending on me to come home in time for our snuggle time after bath. I love breathing in that clean baby smell after their bath and getting all their "smooches and wuv" as A says. I'm surprised that massage therapists don't use that baby smell for aromatherapy at spas. I'm so thankful for the opportunity that these two have given me to be a mother...even on the not-so-good days. The snuggly moments make up for all the bad times. I just wish I could bottle THAT....all those moments will be gone way before I am ready to let them go!

4 comments:

AMANDA said...

Night time is such a great part of parenting:)

Sweet T said...

I love the time between bath and bedtime. It's the sweetest time. Sweet pics of the kids.

Melissa said...

Love your pics .. I love that out of the bath snuggle time. When they smell so clean.
Love reading your blog as usual.. I have some catching up to do.

Deanna said...

I agree. That after bath smell and snuggles are soooo addictive and relaxing.