Saturday, June 06, 2009

Pool Party ShinDig






We celebrated Landry's first birthday today complete with a turtle-themed pool party at my uncle's pool and pool house. The weather was perfect and although Landry skipped his morning nap, great fun was had by all. I think the kids had a nice time swimming and playing in the water table and on the inflatable water slide. The only notable mishap was that we forgot to unload the ice cream from the car and didn't realize it until it was time to do cake. Oops! I had planned on making Landry a turtle cake with help from my friend Amanda, but with the funeral and everything else I threw in the towel and asked Amanda to take care of it for me. Once again I was amazed by her talent. Absolutely precious cakes as you can see! It's late, but I wanted to share a few pics from today. I'll try to post some more later.

8 comments:

AMANDA said...

Looks like alot of fun. I really hate that we were not able to come, MB would have been very mad at me if I had gone to get her though. I enjoyed making the cakes for little man. Alisa helped me (along with my mom who watched ethan for me and my Aunt Mamie who played with Lane all day) Glad everything turned out nice.

Jennifer said...

aww, what fun! Happy birthday little man! :) That cake is AWESOME!

Sweet T said...

Happy Birthday Landry! Looks like a cute little party!

Deanna said...

That is the cutest cake for the cutest little birthday boy!

Deanna said...

That is the cutest cake for the cutest little birthday boy!

Amy said...

Fun party! Landry is such a doll, and Addison was hilarious feeding him his first birthday cake. :) Obviously, Bryce was not ready to leave...

Kate Holifield said...

Precious!! He is too cute. I love the cake! I am glad everything turned out good. Boy, do they grow up fast!!!

Tracy Gordon said...

Happy Birthday Landry!! That was cake was awesome!