Waiting for a table at Grill's Tiki Bar on the marina in Port Canaveral after a 14-hour car ride on Friday
Our first port of call--Nassau, Bahamas, on Sunday
Atlantis Resort in the distance where we spent the day riding insanely high water slides.jpg)
First formal night...Colin and his dad posing
The view from our assigned dinner table (#322) each evening in the Platinum dining room.
Formal shot out on the very windy deck
Quick photo after I sang "La Bamba" during Karaoke hour.
Roy and Colin playing bean bag toss (aka washers) on the sun deck.
Colin trying sushi one evening at dinner.
He wasn't too impressed. HA!.jpg)
Dancing with Wila, our head server, at dinner one evening.
80s flashback party on the Deck 5....an absolute blast. Carly, one of the Glory Dancers, taught everyone the dance featured in the Thriller video. Oddly enough, this was two days before Michael Jackson's death.
Other members of the Carnival Entertainment team in their 80s garb.
Guests learning the moves to "Thriller."
The beautiful island of St. Thomas---our second port of call.
Colin watching the view from our cabin balcony. Notice the humidity in the air cast a haze on the lens of the camera.
Quick photo before heading to parasail. While I was out on the water, Colin spent the morning in downtown St. Thomas shopping at Diamonds International and surprised me with a tanzanite necklace. Tanzanite is a rare gemstone since all of the tanzanite in the world has been mined from Tanzania, Africa. Do I have a keeper or what?
St. Maarten has both a French and a Dutch side. Boo Boo Jam is on the French side of the beach. The French side of the island is known for its French way of life...aka.. nudity. As our tour guide put it, you can wear your birthday suit both ironed or unironed. Colin caught a glimpse of a 70-year-old naked couple right off the bat....glad I missed that one!
Colin about to hit the water.
Absolute paradise....I was so sad to leave!
Our amazing view from our beach chair
Proof that we were really there
Soaking up the sun
Leaving St. Maarten behind. :(
Formal night #2...notice a hair color change. I visited the salon during one of our sea days and had strawberry blonde highlights put in my hair.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Looks like such a great time! Glad you got a chance to get away from it all. Can't wait to see your hair in person.
wow- pics look like you all had a great and relaxing time. You are giving me ideas for next summer....
I need the beach!!! Glad you and Colin had a great time on your vacay. I'm sure you both came back relaxed and refreshed.
Post a Comment