Monday, June 01, 2009

Weekend Whirlwind

My dad with his brothers and my grandparents after the wedding.
Aunt Elaine cutting a rug on the dance floor with my dad.

Mammaw and Pappaw Conerly

Mammaw with Elaine and Krisa

This past weekend is a blur. We had a packed calendar, but we had a good time nonetheless. As many of you saw on the video below, my little man decided to show us his toddling skills as he took off on Friday and emerged into a clumsy, accident-prone toddler. Tear! This time last year, I was sterilizing all of Addison's old bottles in preparation for his arrival wondering what in the world we had gotten ourselves into and now I'm putting all of the bottles and formula away and filling sippy cups with whole milk as he gets ready for his first birthday on Friday! Has it really been a year? It's so hard to believe! Friday night, we attended my cousin Michael's rehearsal dinner at Toney's and had a good time mingling and sharing our sentiments with the bride and groom. Unfortunately, I have no pics from the weekend except for these that my family emailed to me. After the dinner, we took advantage of having no kids at home and curled up with a movie at home. Saturday morning came bright and early. Colin headed off to a groom's breakfast while I ran errands and then attended a baby shower with my mom and Addison. Addie had no nap since the baby shower was from 2-4, which is usually a nightmare. She managed to hang in there though and we survived. We then hurried home so I could get dressed for the wedding. Since Colin was in the wedding, he had long left the house for pictures. The wedding was beautiful and we had a great time at the reception. The happy couple is now enjoying a honeymoon in the Bahamas. We love you, Michael and Sally! I am now in party preparation mode...gearing up for the big 1st birthday this Saturday. Landry is having a pool party, so I am praying that the weather cooperates and that he doesn't freak out when he gets in the cold water. We'll see....

2 comments:

AMANDA said...

i bet yall are glad the wedding is done:)

Deanna said...

It is impossible to believe that your sweet guy is a year old. Of course, it is impossible to believe my Big Guy is going to be 12 tomorrow too!