Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Spa Day, Fire Alarm and Countdown to the Caribbean

Aside from my daughter pulling the fire alarm in Biaggi's tonight and causing a scene (a moment that I won't forget any time soon I can assure you), I had a very relaxing, wonderful day thanks to my sweet hubby. I left the house a little after 11 today and headed to the Aqua Day Spa at Renaissance. I grabbed a quick lunch at Peppers, which was relaxing in and of itself as I ordered only for myself, no highchairs or restless toddlers, and actually finished a meal without having to take anyone to the potty. Every mother is shaking their head in understanding right now. :) After lunch, I headed to the spa, put on a robe and enjoyed some lemon and cucumber water in the relaxation room until someone came to get me for my relaxation energy/deep tissue massage. The massage therapist was amazed by the knots and tension in my neck and shoulders and she spent the entire hour just working on that one area, which is an excuse to go back and get the rest done. :) I then enjoyed a few minutes in the steam room until my spa pedicure and manicure. During my pedicure, I took advantage of my time in the foot bath and flipped through magazines that I never have time to look at. After an afternoon of relaxation, I did some quick shopping for a few things for the cruise and then headed to Biaggi's to meet Colin's family for an early Father's Day dinner since we'll be on the cruise during Father's Day. We enjoyed a yummy dinner and were waiting for dessert when my curious daughter decided to pull the fire alarm on the wall which set off loud sirens and flashing lights. She then started wailing which made things even worse. Luckily, there were no sprinklers and the manager was very understanding. I hope she learned her lesson. I think I'm ready for the cruise more than ever now. We head out bright and early Friday and set sail on Saturday. We'll be stopping in Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. I can't wait! If any of you have any cruise tips, feel free to share them with us as this is our first cruise.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my word!! I got stressed out just reading this and thinking about one of mine pulling a fire alarm. I've never even thought about it! Hope it didn't "undo" what the spa did for you!

Y'all are going to have an awesome time on your cruise. I'll think on some cruise tips--one comes to mind--but ours was so long ago. (Time for another...)

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

Oh my goodness - we were at Biaggi's last night! I didn't hear an alarm though...what time did that happen?
glad to hear you liked Aqua...i'm actually going there tomorrow morning to try it out for the first time! wow - great minds think alike! ;) have fun on the trip!

Melissa said...

That must have been stressful! I always have worried about mine doing that.
Your cruise sounds very nice. I have been to St. Thomas, and have cruised before so I will have to think of a few tips. Tip, get sea bands the kind sold at maternity stores for motion sickness, or get dramamine ear patches from your dr. The first day and last day at sea is choppy until you get in the smooth Carribean waters. Find out about each countries taxi laws, some are not certified and can be dangerous. If you do not like the entree you order you can always order another no extra charge, lots of times i ordered two, just too sample a little of something more exotic but still have a safe back up. Get up real early one morning and see the boat come in at port. If the boat rocks too much go to the lowest level. You will have sooo much fun!