Tuesday, January 29, 2008

On the Good Ship Lollipop


Before I explain the lollipop title, let me give you an update on baby Landry. I had a sonogram this morning at my 20 week appointment. The ultrasound technician confirmed that we are having a boy....and a very hard-headed one at that! Landry stayed curled up in a ball facing my back during the whole sonogram. He refused to move and let the technician get a side profile of him--even when she pushed and poked on him. He now weighs 13 ounces and is measuring right on target. I lost another pound since my last appointment and the doctor said I have a net gain of -2 pounds to date. I think all my weight has just shifted to my belly from other parts of my body. I am hoping some of it is shifting from my back side! Ha!

My other baby is talking up a storm these days. She is saying so many new words and repeats everything. I credit a lot of her new words to some of the books we have been reading. When we point to pictures in a book and discuss them, she always repeats back the word. I am just not ready for all of this. As fun as it has been to watch her grow and learn....I don't want her to grow up anymore. This weekend, she found a sucker in the cabinet that Santa had left in her stocking and asked for it. Since she was still in her pajamas, I let her sit in the floor and eat some of it. She enjoyed it so much (by far the biggest lollipop she's ever had) and she made such a mess. Of course, when I took it away....she cried and cried. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!

1 comment:

AMANDA said...

Mamie will be glad to hear that she was right, once again. Glad everything is great!!