Wednesday, August 29, 2007

12 Month Check-Up






I took Addison for her one-year-old check up and shots yesterday only to discover that she has an ear infection, sinus infection, red throat and is cutting her one year molars. Needless to say, I've had one cranky child on my hands and instead of shots...we went home with a round of antibiotics and decongestant and a follow-up appointment in two weeks. Oh, will these illnesses ever end? The flip side to this is that she is doing very well growth wise and developmentally. She is 29 inches long and almost at 20 lbs. She had a little growth spurt last month, so she's inching out of the 25th percentile. The doctor said she is ahead of the game developmentally, which is very comforting considering that she was four weeks early. I'm a proud mama! Here are a few more pics from Addison's birthday party and a picture of my new telephoto lens that my family gave me money to buy for my birthday. Can't wait to get it in so I can start playing with it. My birthday was Friday, but instead of celebrating...I spent it getting ready for Addison's party. Everything changes when you have a child...even birthdays. However, I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything in the world.

No comments: