Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The Itchy and Scratchy Show

I am happy to report that Addison is all better now. She was able to keep her food down yesterday and seems to be feeling just fine. And so far, no one else in the Leach house has contracted the stomach bug, so we're keeping our fingers crossed on that one. However, I have been forced to endure a new kind of torture... Poison Ivy. Colin and I worked in the yard Saturday and apparently my old friend Ivy decided to pay me a visit like she does once a year. I have it all over the palm of my right hand and now it's working its way up my fingers. Fun times! I am convinced that our military could use poison ivy as a clever torture device.....shackle a terrorist and then rub him head to toe in poison ivy. Won't take long for him to cave once the itching hits. And, it never ceases to amaze me how the itching reaches its peak at 3 a.m. You are dead asleep and suddenly you itch and start scratching in your sleep without realizing it. Suddenly, you are wide awake scratching like there's no tomorrow and wishing that you had never responded to the lonely cry of Ivy. Am I being dramatic enough for you? I guess Benadryl and Calamine will be my friends for the next few days. Woe is me! =)

No comments: