Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Cravings

I have to tell on myself a little today...blame it on a guilty conscience I guess. With Addison, I craved two things...pickles and popsicles. Luckily, I didn't crave them at the same time. I craved pickles the first part of my pregnancy and popsicles at the end, which probably didn't have anything to do with the fact that I was pregnant in August and it was hot as blue blazes!! Anyway, with this pregnancy, I craved fried green tomatoes at the very beginning and haven't craved anything until recently. I don't know if this baby is in need of certain nutrients or if I am a mere victim of all the food commercials on daytime television now that I can only lay in the bed with my feet propped up all day.

Okay, so here is my confession....I have been craving a BBQ pork sandwich with pickles from Goldies Express for several days. I finally couldn't take it anymore and broke my bedrest rules to drive all the way to town just to get a BBQ sandwich. When I went through the drive-thru and told the guy at the window (who is always super nice) that I had just broken doctor's orders and driven all the way from Bovina to satisfy a craving...he died laughing and told everyone else that was working there. They promised me that it would be the best BBQ sandwich I had ever eaten and that they wouldn't rat me out to the doctor. And they didn't lie...it was super yummy and worth the drive. Who knows what my next craving will be??

3 comments:

Carrie said...

that is so funny! it made me remember the time (when i was pregnant) that i went through the wendy's drive thru twice b/c they didn't give me enough fries the first time. the employee said, "didn't i just see you?". glad i'm not the only one!!! pregnancy makes you do crazy things!

Anonymous said...

Girl you should've gotten me one too. ha!! But seriously, I am off every Tuesday and Wednesday. I am always in town on Wednesdays eating lunch my grandmother (we go to mac d's.....no my I may have just started another craving! ha!!) and I am sometimes in town Tuesdays, but more so on Wednesdays. Anytime you have a craving, just call me girl and I'll help you. :)

Jennifer :)

AMANDA said...

that is too funny!! next time - call me, i will atleast drive you on your secret escaped!!!