Sunday, March 09, 2008

Wanted: Stronger Immunity

Okay, okay...I know little kids get sick...a lot. But, isn't a week and a half of being well and spending the rest of the month sick a little ridiculous? We (yes, I had to violate bedrest) spent the entire morning in the ER today. Addison woke up from her nap yesterday with hoarseness, labored breathing, coughing and by 3:30 this morning, she was running 103 degree fever. She sounded so horrible and her symptoms came on so fast that I worried that she might have pneumonia, so we didn't want to wait until Monday to get a chest x-ray. Luckily, her chest x-ray was okay and she tested negative for the flu, but she has yet another rotten case of bronchitis. She has been running a high fever off and on most of today and vomits up the Motrin and her juice when her fever gets too high. The sad thing is that she just saw the doctor Monday before last (and the week before that) and was given a shot of Rocephin, an antibiotic and some allergy medicine for an upper respitory infection, sinusitis and ear infection. We started on all the meds and she was clear of the runny nose for one week and three days before this mess started all over again! If I could hook her up to an IV of pure Vitamin C, I think I would do it. In the meantime, she'll be spending the first few days of Spring Break recuperating from this crud. And, I am praying now that Landry will have a much stronger immune system!

1 comment:

AMANDA said...

I hate that she is sick again. It came sooooo fast. That little stinker better get all of this out of her system before Landry gets here!!