Saturday, March 29, 2008

Picnic at the Playground








My baby turned 19 months old this week! Since we know that our quality time with her will be limited after Landry arrives, I decided to forego my doctor-approved outing/date night this week and use my weekly "get out of jail free" card to go with Colin to take her to the park today. We took Laiken with us so that Addison could have a playmate, we picked up some lunch, and headed to the park around noon. Colin set-up a chair for me, so that I could sit and watch the girls without over-exerting myself. The girls had a great time and the rain even held off for us for a good while. Everyone thought Addison and Laiken were twins, so we got some funny stares as we walked up with two girls the same age and my pregnant belly! One lady seemed very relieved when I told her they were cousins. I've included a few pics of the girls having a ball!

On a completely different note, I mentioned a few weeks ago that my mom's younger sister could possibly have colon cancer and asked that everyone keep her in your prayers. Sadly, she does have cancer and has been given days to weeks to months to live. Her liver stopped functioning Friday and her other organs are in danger of shutting down. Considering that she was just diagnosed five weeks ago, this is a lot for my family to absorb at one time. Please keep my aunt and the rest of my family in your prayers. I pray that the doctors can do everything they can for her while she's at UMC. My uncle is having a benefit open pen horse sorting next weekend at the Lampkin Arena in Bovina to help raise money for her medical and other expenses. If you know anyone in this area who rides horses and competes in these type of pennings and would be interesed in participating, please leave me a comment with your email and I'll send you the necessary information.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I ran into Colin the other day at Kroger's and I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and the little one. I know it must be difficult to be on bed-rest, esp. with a toddler running around, who by the way is too cute.
If you guys need anything, we are in the phone book- don't hesitate to ask.
PS- the baby's room is adorable!