I couldn't help but laugh when I typed this title. As most of you know, I had my weekly doctor's appointment this morning. Colin couldn't take off today and I am not supposed to be driving myself long distances, so he asked Amanda to drive me. Luckily, we made it over safely and got in and out relatively quickly. Doctor said my cervix is still closed, but that I need to just continue to stay still...I had some protein in my urine (which can cause early labor) and I have a good bit of fluid on my legs.Anyway, as we neared home, Amanda took the gravel shortcut at the Flowers exit and we immediately noticed that there was a sign saying, "heavy machinery ahead." We figured we'd just have to slow down to ease around the bulldozer, but realized too late that the guy was grading the road and had pushed a huge mound of dirt into the middle of the road which didn't leave too much room to drive. Amanda accidentally ran my van over into a rut and panicked. She tried to give it gas and the tires started spinning. There were a couple of cars behind us and they just went around us without even asking if we needed help. Amanda kept trying to back up, but couldn't go right because of the ruts or left because of the mound of dirt in the middle. I could tell that she was freaking out, so I just laughed and tried to keep her calm. I thought I could get out and switch places with her so I could try to get it out since I am more comfortable driving my van than she is, but when I opened the door, there was five inches or more of wet gravel blocking the door. Okay, so I started to panic a little at that point. :) Amanda was saying, "great, I am going to make you go into labor. Colin is going to kill me." All I could do was laugh and kept telling her..."it's okay, we won't be stuck here forever." Finally, she backed up enough and gave the van enough gas to get it over the big hump of gravel and go around all the mess and ruts. Phew! When I told Colin that we had gotten stuck, he asked what we did. I told him that Amanda gave it gas while I got out and pushed. HA! He said Amanda and I are forbidden from going to the doctor by ourselves anymore. My next appointment is next Friday, so we'll see if he sticks by that and ends up taking me! With all the excitement this morning, I think I need another BBQ sandwich! HA!
1 comment:
I hope you have recovered from all of the excitment!!! You tell Colin- he doesn't know what he is talking about, I am a great driver!!! ;)
Post a Comment