Saturday, April 26, 2008

Landry's Baby Shower










My church friends gave me a precious baby shower for Landry today at my house. We were very blessed to get a lot of diapers, wipes, and infant meds among other boy things. Addison had a great time helping mama open presents and stacking packs of diapers and wipes. Amanda made an adorable cake for the shower and decorated the table--thanks, Amanda! I feel as if we are a little more prepared for him now, which is good considering my latest doctor's appointment.

My doctor thinks that I may be getting preeclampsia since my blood pressure is suddenly increasing. She said she now considers me high risk and plans to monitor me even more closely. I have to check my BP a couple of times a day and I have to do a 24-hour urine collection starting Thursday morning, which I will drop off at the lab on Friday. Dr. T plans to do a sonogram, some lab work, and check me again on Friday. I had to do the 24-hour urine collection with Addison also, but ended up having an emergeny C-section before I heard the results. If at any time my BP starts to spike or she thinks that Landry may be in danger from this point on, they will go ahead and do a section. With that said, I have to get my bag packed and be ready to go at a moment's notice.
Here are a few pics from today. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Everything is so cute... including you! Can't wait to hear about Landry's arrival.

I tagged you on my blog. It is a "link" tag.

Hope you'll visit soon to learn about it!

Deanna

AMANDA said...

I am anxiously waiting the arival of little Landry so we can finally meet him. I know though the longer he stays in cooking the better. I bet he will be adorable:)