A while back I posted a few recipes that I had recently tried and some of you asked for me to keep them coming. I love to cook, but often find it hard to come up with easy ideas for dinner or for something to serve for company. I received this recipe in Paula Deen's newsletter this week (y'all know it's good if Paula recommends it) and we're having it for dinner tonight. It smells super yummy as it's cooking and I can't wait to dig in. Here it is if you want to try it out. Perfect with some breadsticks and a green salad!
Italian Chicken Casserole
Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups chicken, cooked and chopped (I bought a cooked rotisserie chicken and pulled apart to save time)
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with garlic, basil and oregano
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta, cooked and kept warm
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 3 minutes, or until tender. Stir in chicken, tomatoes and cream. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add cream cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese; cook, stirring constantly until cheeses are melted. Add pasta, tossing gently to coat. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese. Bake 30 minutes. Yum!
Also, I came across this blog site that has some great tried and true recipes. I've bookmarked it and thought I'd share with everyone else. Some of the pasta dishes sound divine!
http://therecipeswapper.blogspot.com/
Hope everyone is having a great Monday! Addison is finally on the mend after a rough few days with high fever. I go back to the doctor tomorrow, so we'll see what's going on with little man Landry!
No comments:
Post a Comment