Correction: My uncle Freddy's biopsy results haven't come back yet. He did gets news that he had two polyps, but we won't know for another week or so whether the polyps are benign or malignant.
I am sorry that I haven't posted since this weekend. There have been a lot of things going on behind the scenes that have kept me from updating. First of all, I have been feeling miserable this week and we're thinking that my blood pressure is starting to go a little haywire like it did in near the end of my pregnancy with Addison. In fact, the reason I had an emergency C-section four weeks early with her is because my BP went up and her heart rate was dropping.
Since Sunday afternoon, I have been feeling really light-headed and nauseated off and on. At times, I've had to lay down for hours at a time because I can't lift my head off the pillow without feeling sick. Colin bought me a home BP machine and I've been monitoring it since yesterday afternoon. It is a little elevated according to the reading, but not enough to worry about yet. However, I have not yet had a chance to test it when I am feeling my worst. I go to the doctor on Friday (unless I have to go in before) and we'll see what the doctor says about all of this. I also had several hours of contractions last night that would start and then stop. The church is having a baby shower for me this weekend, so I am trying to at least make it through this weekend.
We also received some heartbreaking news yesterday, but we're trying to stay positive. After my aunt died a few weeks ago, my mom and her siblings were all encouraged to have colonoscopies. Two of my uncles scheduled their tests immediately. My uncle Freddy's tests are being sent off to be biopsied, but my uncle Steve was told yesterday that he also has colon cancer. The good news is that the doctors think that they caught it in time and plan to do surgery in a few weeks. He'll have six weeks or so of recovery and the doctors will go from there. The doctor said if my uncle had waited six months that the cancer would have spread like my aunt's did. The miracle of this is that it looks like my aunt has been a guardian angel in more ways than one. My doctor wants me to also schedule one after Landry is born, so I am putting that on the top of my t0-do list once I recover from my C-section. In the meantime, we'll count our blessings that my uncle had his test done in time and we are praying that the doctors can remove the cancer.
If any of you have family history of cancer, I urge to schedule a colonoscopy. Most doctors recommend that you have your first one at age 50, but my doctor said that those with family history of cancer should have them between 30-40. I'll get off my soapbox now!
4 comments:
sounds like you have a lot going on right now, but isn't it amazing how God works through difficult times? Our prayers are with your Uncle that he recovers quickly and for you, that whenever Landry decides to make his appearance, you will be prepared and ready and that he will have an uneventful delivery!
I hope all turns out well for your Uncle Steve. I am so sorry.
Hey Sara. I've been reading your blog lately. Im so sorry to hear about your Uncle Steve. I have known him a long time. I have your family in my prayers. I pray that Steve has a speedy recovery. Prayer is powerful! Hopefully there will be NO more sad news for your family. I know its hard. Keep your head up and put this in God's hands. He will see yall through!
I'm so sorry you are feeling poorly.
I'm keeping you in my prayers.
Post a Comment