Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Back to Work, Day Two

I survived my first day back at work yesterday. I missed my children, but it was also good to get some adult time. Everybody at work seemed to be glad that I was finally back and my husband is tickled pink that I am finally getting a full paycheck again. We have an Assumption of Command ceremony this Friday at work, which is going to require everyone's help. Needless to say, I am having to just dive back in. My mom kept both kids yesterday and said they did fairly well. Addison couldn't understand why I had to go to work after being off for so long, so she was a little upset yesterday morning. I think she got over it pretty quickly though. She starts school on August 11th and is so excited. I bought her a new bookbag and she has wanted to carry it everywhere she goes. She said, "mama buy that me..I wuv it!" It was worth every penny to hear her say that. I'll have to get some pics this week of her with it. Landry is doing much better and is glad to be back at home. He's having some stomach problems, but we hope to get all of that sorted out soon. He is such a happy baby as long as his tummy is not hurting him. Thanks again to everyone who called, prayed and emailed while he was in the hospital.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

It sounds like you guys have already started adjusting to your new routine. You just had to mention the "s" word! Sigh.

AMANDA said...

Glad things are going good. Can you believe it is time for school!!!