Tuesday, July 29, 2008

He's Gonna Be a Football Player

Landry is almost eight weeks old now and is much better since his hospital stay. He had a check-up yesterday and got a clean bill of health and was able to get his four immunizations that he was supposed to get at six weeks when he was sick. He now weighs in at 10 lbs. and 9 0z. and is 23 inches long. Basically, in 7 1/2 weeks, he's already grown three inches and has put on more than 4 lbs. He is really growing and can hold his head up so well! He's so strong and I've been telling hsi daddy that, "he's gonna be a star football player and take care of his mama." He is smiling at us and even laughs now and again. He is a really sweet and happy baby when he's not having trouble with constipation and gas. We are now starting to give him prune juice in his bottle each day to help with that and I hope that it will help. And, I don't want to jinx myself, but last week he started sleeping from 10-4:450 or 5 a.m. and last night he slept from 10-6:45 a.m. I am hoping that he'll keep up this trend, especially since his sister started sleeping through the night at 5 weeks.

Addison is sooo ready for school. She has enjoyed buying her school supplies and gets so excited when we put a pack of colors or a school box in the buggy at the store. Thanks to the Leap Frog Letter and Word Factory DVDs, she is learning her ABCs and can even tell you the letter sounds for the first part of the alphabet. We still haven't gone full force into potty training, but she's been using the potty off and on at Nana's and at home. I hope that the competition and pressure of being in a class with older, potty-trained kids will help train her quickly once preschool starts. Besides, she's not even two yet, so I am not pushing too hard. Sure would be nice though to get rid of diapers for at least one of our babies! Until next time.....

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I don't think I can talk to you for a few days.... Addison slept through the night at five weeks and now Landry? That is just wrong, Sarah Leach!!! WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.