Update to earlier post: I came home tonight with Addison to get some rest and Colin is staying at the hospital. I am going to relieve him at 7 a.m. so that he can head to work. It's been a crazy couple of days, but here's what we know thus far. Landry is still running fever. The doctor plans to do another blood count in the morning to make sure his count is still okay. His culture for bacterial meningitis is still negative, but it has another 24 hours where it could possibly grow and turn positive. As the doctor was listening to his chest this afternoon, she noticed a heart murmur, so she has ordered an echocardiogram to be done in the morning. More to come on that. For now, he's still on antibiotics via IV and we'll just wait another 24-48 hours to see what happens. Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.
Just a quick post to let everyone know that Landry was admitted to the hospital yesterday after waking up with a high fever. We are assuming that he has caught the enterovirus/fever virus that Addison had, but since he's so young they had to admit him to rule out any other possible infection. We were admitted at 11 yesterday and will probably have to stay until tomorrow evening or Thursday morning. He is on an IV of antibiotics and is to remain on that for 72 hours from the time he was admitted (or longer should bacteria grow in the spinal culture they are watching). He had a spinal tap yesterday and his viral meningitis test came back negative. He also had a chest xray, blood culture, and urine sample..all of which are fine. Colin has visitors at work this week, so I have been staying at the hospital with him. I stayed last night and my dad relieved me for a few minutes this morning so that I could come home and shower. Addison is still a little puny from being sick, but is fine and is staying with my parents. Landry's fever was up to 102.3 this morning, so he's still being given Tylenol almost every four hours. Please keep us in your prayers.
8 comments:
Bless his little heart! Thanks for taking the time to post and let us know so we can be praying.
goodness- we'll keep you all in our prayers. I know that must be tough on you to have your little guy in the hospital.
Also, thanks for the sleeping advice!
Hey, Sarah! Whenever you get home and back to normal. I left a little something for you on my blog today.
poor little guy. i hope he's feeling better soon. and poor mama! i've watched both of my girls go through getting spinal taps, xrays, and eeg's at that young age. it's harder on the mother in my opinion! hang in there and be sure and get some rest when you get home:)
sarah
Oh my goodness hunny. I will be keeping him in my prayers. It is sad when they are so small and so sick. Let me know if you need anything. Love you Jerusha & Family
Oh my goodness hunny. I will be keeping him in my prayers. It is sad when they are so small and so sick. Let me know if you need anything. Love you Jerusha & Family
say-say....
all will be fine...
i just know it...
love, candee'
Oh Girl, He and ya'll will definitely be in my prayers.
I hope he gets well very quickly.
Post a Comment