Thursday, July 24, 2008

Need a Pick-Me Up?

With two kids under the age of two, I decided that I seriously needed some vitamins before going back to work. Besides, it's hard for anyone to muster up energy after those middle-of-the night feedings. I went to get my haircut Friday and was told about this vitamin fizzy drink called Emergen-C that you can buy at Wal-mart, Wal-greens, Rite-Aid, etc. Apparently, a customer came in and told the whole salon about it after her doctor introduced it to her. For $9.24 (at Wal-mart) you can buy a box of the vitamin packets. You mix it will a little bit of water and drink it down and within 30 minutes, you feel refreshed, awake and productive. You can drink it several times a day if you wish. The Super Orange flavor tastes like a mild-flavor Sunkist. It builds immunity, it's a combination of natural vitamins and energy enhancers (not like energy drinks that make you crash later) and it increases metabolism. With Addison bringing home all kinds of germs from preschool, extra immunity is always a plus and I definitely need the metabolic booster to burn some of these post-baby pounds. I also bought some B12 dots that you put under your tongue and they dissolve within seconds. Anyway, if you need a pick-me-up, try it out and see what you think: http://www.emergenc.com/. Do I sound like a television advertisement?

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I wonder how different this is from Airborne. I am a big fan of that. They have a children's version of that. Maybe Addison should take some of that before going to school. It help ward off colds and germs and builds up immunity. We avoided the yucky colds and flus last year and I really credit Airborne for that.