Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Confessions of a Working Mother
Okay, so now that I am back at work full-time I have discovered that there is never enough time in the day and I feel a little guilty about some things and feel the need to confess. My main topic of guilt is what I sometimes feed Addison for convenience. I confess to sometimes popping a can of microwaveable ravioli into the microwave or running through the drive-through at Wendy's or McDonald's to get chicken nuggets when I have errands to run. There I said it...I am not perfect like Kate on Jon and Kate Plus Eight and only give my child fresh, non-processed food. Even though Kate has eight children to feed and I know her day is chaotic, she does have the luxury of staying home with her children and not having to work outside the home. Notice I said "work outside the home," because I realize and appreciate that staying at home is a full-time job in and of itself. Anyway, back to my confession, Addison usually eats what we're having for dinner---peas, grilled chicken, roast, pasta, potatoes, creamed corn, etc. However, some nights when she doesn't want what we are having or we have to grab a quick meal, I am sorry to say that I leave it up to Chef Boyardee or McDonald's to nourish my child. With that said, I do usually try to throw in some mandarin oranges, banana slices, or something natural and healthy to go along with it. Okay, confession over...so am I a bad mother or does anyone else confess to sometimes doing the same?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
so I do stay at home and feed my child Mcdonald's sometimes. In fact, on the way home from the splash park just today, we stopped by sonic for a grill cheese sandwich. And good for you that Addison will eat what you guys do most of the time- its a total battle with Adler every meal. I guess I wasn't the only one having some mom guilt around here! And PS- we should never compare ourselves to Kate- that woman has 3hidden arms somewhere.
I think you have to make it easy somtimes in order to keep your sanity!!!!!
oh heck yes! my girls are the pickiest eaters ever and sometimes the focus is more on them eating ANYTHING! i think everyone tries for healthy homemade meals, but you can't do it all the time. kate gosselin does amaze me with all that she can do, but she's also the mom who won't allow her chidren to get dirty! so, everyone has their faults:)
When in doubt, go look at all those precious pics you have taken. She is smiling in every one! Just pack up that guilt and throw it away.
Kate has a television show because she has a lot of kids, but I wouldn't model my parenting after her. She has major OCD issues and I can't imagine treating my husband the way she treats hers.
Post a Comment