Monday, July 21, 2008

Last Day of Freedom

It had to come sooner or later...tomorrow is my dreaded first day back at work after being out since February. What is a girl to do?? In a way, I am looking forward to finally getting back into a routine. But, there's never enough time to do everything as it is, so I can't imagine going back to work and still finding time for everything. Yesterday afternoon, I was a cleaning maniac...mopping, sweeping, dusting, organizing diaper bags, cleaning out closets, etc. I felt like I needed to get some things accomplished before tomorrow. I did manage to get a little pampering while on maternity leave. Amanda and I had a spa pedicure Friday before last and it was great. I had a doctor's appointment in Jackson that day, but afterwards we had lunch, went shopping, and then finished up the day with our pedicures. A great way to spend a Friday! Now, I just need a massage after sleeping in a hospital chair all week.

Yesterday, Colin and I celebrated our six year anniversary. Saturday night, we headed to Madison to see Hancock and then had a nice dinner at Biaggi's Italian Ristorante at Renaissance. We had a nice evening and it was great to have some alone time. Happy Anniversary, honey. I look forward to many more.

I promise I'll post some pics of the kids once I head back to work and get settled in. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Happy Anniversary! What did you think of the Hancock movie? Different, huh? I'll be thinking about you as you go back to work. I'm sure the first day back will be a long one.

AMANDA said...

i can't believe the time has come. I know it is tough after being off so long. Before you know it, it will all be routine again. thanks for Friday. it was great!!!!!!