Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Addisonisms
What can I say..it's Wednesday and we are still trying to get into a morning routine now that school has started. This morning, Addison asked if I would take her and Landry to school and I obliged. After feeding both of them breakfast, getting all of us dressed, grabbing clothes for Addison's first night at gymnastics, throwing bookbags in the car and loading two kids into car seats...I grabbed my usual breakfast...a bottled water and a granola bar...and we hit the road. Once the DVD player was playing and both children were relatively happy, I wiped the sweat from my upper lip, took a deep breath and opened my granola bar. Just as I went to take a bite Addison said, "Mama, I want some of your breakfast." "Of course you do," I said under my breath. Those of you who have children know all too well that you can fix your children a gourmet meal and they won't eat more than two bites, but as soon as you sit down with a drink and a meal of your own...regardless of what it is....they are on you like white on rice. I said, "Hang on just a second." Keep in mind that I am driving, so in the time it took me to put my water down and try to break her off a piece while keeping the car on the road, she huffs and says in a disgusting tone, "Mama...you are supposed to share!" HA! How can I argue with that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yep I know whatcha mean! Ha! I've been told that at least once too! :)
Post a Comment