Friday, August 21, 2009
A Family of Four We Will Stay
After months of debate, praying, and constant back-and-forth discussion, we are finally taking the plunge and making the decision to remain a family a four. Colin is on his way to the urologist today for a consult for the dreaded male surgery and even though he's not too thrilled about it, I feel like we are making the right decision and I feel like it's the least he can do after I carried two children, went through bed rest for four months, and had two C-sections. Even though I would love to have another child, my doctor has told me that I am considered a high-risk patient after having one baby premature and having to be on bed rest with Landry so it's almost inevitable that I would have complications with a third pregnancy. With each pregnancy, I put myself at risk and the baby's life at risk. And those risks increase with age and let's face it...I'm not getting any younger! Add to that mix the fact that I had that bizarre nerve entrapment from my last C-section and that I am planning to have a breast reduction within the next year and we just finally made the decision to count our blessings, be grateful for the beautiful children we have, and schedule the appointment with the urologist. I'm sure I will have baby fever from time to time, but I can always snuggle and love on my friends and family members' babies whenever I get the urge and then hand them back when I'm done! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Unless the Lord plans otherwise we are a committed family of four!!! I am all for snuggling and then handing them back and then sleeping all night!!
Wait a second...what was that whole "I'm not getting any younger" comment?! I'm older than you are! :)
I know this isn't a decision y'all have taken lightly.
Good for you! Matt and I are still having the 'snip-snip' debate. I agree that the man should step up at that time in your lives. Well, you make beautiful children! And anytime you want to snuggle with my new one on the way - you don't even have to ask!
Post a Comment