Monday, February 18, 2008

Bed Rest

Despite resting over the weekend and trying to stay off my feet as much as possible, I received some upsetting news at the doctor's office today. I was still having a few contractions and some achiness in my lower abdomen this morning, so they worked me into the clinic this afternoon. After doing an ultrasound and an exam, the doctor on call said that my cervix has shortened/thinned a little. Basically, the contractions that I have been having are causing my cervix to thin out too soon. I spent a few hours in Labor and Delivery hooked up to the fetal monitors and was sent home around 5:30 this afternoon with a prescription for Procardia that I must take every four hours for contractions and bedrest orders until further notice. The doctor said no work, no housework, no Walmart----nothing more than a shower, to the kitchen to make a sandwich and then it's back to the bed. Most of you know that I was put on bedrest with Addison, but that was at 32 weeks and this is all happening so much earlier than that. Not to mention, I have a 17-month-old that requires a lot of time and attention. With that said, I am a little nervous about all of this and am honestly having to take this one day at a time. I go back to the doctor on Monday the 26th for another ultrasound and they will check my cervix once again. I am not sure what will happen at that point, but I pray that maybe my cervix will be strong enough for me to come off bedrest for a little while. For now, I am keeping my fingers crossed and my feet elevated.

2 comments:

AMANDA said...

I will be praying for ya'll!!

Jeanelle said...

Oh no, Sara
I am sorry to hear this.
I will definitely keep you in my prayers.