I realize that I haven't posted in a few days, so I wanted to give a quick update on happenings around our house. Addison hasn't been feeling well, but our pediatrician is seeing so many flu cases that her nurse told us to keep trying some over-the-counter cold meds for a couple more days rather than bringing her in to a germ-infested clinic.
The stormy weather knocked the power out on our street just after midnight on Wednesday morning and wasn't restored until 6 p.m. yesterday! I stayed home with Addison since we had no power and she was running a low-grade fever when she woke up. By lunch time, she and I both were bored to tears and were out of ideas for entertaining each other. Since I didn't have anything at our house to feed her that didn't require using an oven or microwave, I took a shower in the dark, tried to put some make-up on, and pulled my wet hair back in a clip so we could go into town and get some lunch. Thankfully, after lunch, Nana was home from school and we spent the afternoon at her house since she had power.
On the baby-front, I will be 22 weeks tomorrow. Still sick almost every morning, but I have gotten used to it by now. I am starting to feel the baby move more and more each day, which makes it more real. I had a little scare yesterday. I was changing Addison's diaper on my mom's living room floor and tripped over the remote control as I went to get up. I lost my balance and fell across Addison and onto one side of my belly. I had quite a few Braxton Hicks type contractions yesterday afternoon and into the evening after that, but I'm feeling better today...just a little sore on the side where I hit. Well, I've rambled enough for now. I have to go judge science fair this morning at South Park Elementary, which can be really tough when you see all the time some of the students put into their projects (and some, not so much). Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment