I just wanted to take a minute to express my sincere gratitude to our wonderful friends and family who have taken care of us this week and helped us survive the first week of bed rest. Just like last year when I was on bed rest for four weeks...everyone has gone out of their way to make sure we are fed and taken care of. Granny, Taylor and Krisa: thanks for stocking our freezer with casseroles that we can thaw out and cook as needed. Holly and Tony: thanks for the chicken noodle soup...such great comfort food. Amy and David: The baked potato soup was yummy as well as the breakfast casserole and chocolate chip cookies. Erin and Alisa: Thanks for the lasagna and angel food cake dessert. And finally, Amanda and Will: Thanks for the pork tenderloin, veggies, rice pilaf, bread, brownies with chocolate sauce and sweet tea. All I can say is yum!! I have probably gained 10 pounds since going on bed rest. If Colin knew he was going to get fed this well, he probably would have put me on bed rest a long time ago. :)
We are anxiously waiting for my doctor's appointment on Tuesday morning which will determine my fate for the next several weeks. Colin can't go to my appointment with me, so Amanda has volunteered to go with me for moral support. I've been told that the decision whether to keep me on bed rest will depend on what the ultrasound shows and how my cervix looks. Needless to say, I am very anxious to find out if I have to stay on bed rest until June or if I will be able to go back to work part-time and take things one week at a time. We are trying to stay positive! It's a little stressful knowing that many of those weeks may include leave without pay!
In other news, Colin took Addison back to the doctor Thursday. She has had a runny nose and rattling in her chest for four solid weeks. They gave her a shot, a stronger antibiotic and a few other meds, so we are hoping that she will finally get well. I was amazed to learn that the average toddler gets 6-10 upper respitory infections/cold a year...and sometimes more than that when they are in daycare or preschool. She's supposed to have her 18-month-old shots on Friday, so she has a week to get over this crud or else she won't get her immunizations. She's growing up so fast. Seems like we were just getting her 6 month shots and now she's a year and half. In fact, I just finished filling out her application for next year at First Pres. I don't know how I am going to feel when she moves up to the older class in August. Sometimes growing up is harder on mamas! :)
1 comment:
I am keeping my fingers crossed for great news on Tuesday!!!
Post a Comment