I had my 24 week appointment today. The good news is that my cervix had thickened a little, but the flip side is that I am still having contractions (actually had one during the sonogram that was showing up on the screen), so I have to stay on bed rest until further notice. I was given a steroid shot in my hip to help the baby's lungs develop and will get another one tomorrow morning. For now, I have to go to Jackson weekly for sonograms to measure my cervix and check for dilation or any changes. Dr. Travelstead said if I start doing better and follow the bed rest rules, I can slowly have an outing each week or maybe a few times a week as long as I am going somewhere to sit down and nothing extreme...no shopping, walking around, etc. Even though I am sequestered (possibly until May/June), my office has agreed to let me telework some from home, so I am very thankful for that.
On a brighter note, my other baby is 18 months old today! She grows more and more each day and we are so blessed to have her. We hope to welcome her little brother at the end of May/beginning of June and not a moment sooner! :) Thank you for all your prayers, supports, cards, etc.
2 comments:
Oh Sara, I hate to hear you are still on bedrest.
I know that must be so hard with having an 18 month old running around.
My prayers are with you.
Look at the brighter side you will be able to see more of me:)
Post a Comment