Addison has really started talking up a storm the last couple of months. She loves her books and likes showing us what the pictures on the different pages are as well as repeating back to us things that we tell her (yes, we have to be careful what we say these days). Granted, some things are still a little hard to understand (which I think may be a result of her not being able to hear well before her tubes), but she's getting there. This past weekend, we taught her how to say "Please" when she wants something. So, now she's saying "pease" for everything under the sun. I have to admit...it's the cutest thing, but she's also learning that we can't always give her everything she wants just because she uses good manners. Case in point, my mom takes her home from preschool each day and called yesterday to tell me that as they were driving down Clay Street and passed the golden arches of McDonald's, Addison starts yelling from the back seat, "fries, fries---hungry---Nana, pease, pease!" Nana had already planned to take her home and feed her, so she didn't stop and Addison wanted to know why in the world she was denied after saying, "pease." HA!
She also pooped on the potty at school again yesterday after squatting and telling Mrs. Kari, "potty-potty." We still aren't pushing potty training full time, but it's good to know that she's starting to recognize the sensation of having to go...so maybe it won't be too much longer before we can tackle it head on. I'd love to have just one in diapers instead of two!
Speaking of Mr. Landry, he's determined to make an early appearance in the world. I have been doing fairly well during the day, but tend to have contractions at night when I lay on my side a certain way. It's becoming increasingly difficult to find a position upon which both of us agree. I went to Jackson yesterday morning and got my second shot of steroids, so now I have two sore hips. It's kind of hard to lay in the bed all day when both of your hips are sore from shots. My next appointment is Wednesday the 5th. Until then, I'm sequestered at home. In fact, I've seen more of my doctor lately than I have my parents or the rest of my extended family. Just taking it one day and week at a time and trying to keep this bun in the oven as long as possible.
Addison gets her 18-month-old shots tomorrow morning, so I hope she won't be too cranky afterwards. Shots always make her so irritable and run fever. Maybe she can cuddle up in the bed with mama over the weekend! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment