As I mentioned before, I have been working on a family cookbook using Blurb.com. In typing up recipes this week, I came across this recipe that my mom used to make. Just thought I'd share in case you are in a baking mood..
Cannonball Cake
1 Devil's Food cake mix (Pillsbury recommended)
1 container Cool Whip
1 jar of caramel sauce/topping
1 bag Heath bar pieces (or crumb a large Heath of Symphony candy bar)
Directions:
Prepare your cake according to box directions. Once cake has baked, pull out of oven and poke holes all over the top with a straw. Cool completely. Pour all of the caramel sauce over the top and let it run down into the holes. Spread Cool Whip on top. Garnish the top with Heath bar pieces or candy bar pieces of your choice.
3 comments:
This sounds so yummy!!
Note to self: Never read Sara's blog at night when hungry! hee hee It could be very dangerous!
Thanks so much for this! It was just in time for Ron's birthday dinner and it (the cake) was a big hit!
Post a Comment