.jpg)
Addison had a Thanksgiving Feast at school today and all the parents were invited to attend. Even though it was a whirlwind for me since I had to be back at work at 12:30 for a meeting, Colin and I were able to join her for the event. The class donned their Indian shirts and feathers and feasted on soup and cornbread muffins. Most of the kids were like Addison and chowed down on the muffins and weren't too interested in the soup. As parents were collecting children and cleaning up the mountain of cornbread crumbs out of each chair, the children discovered that the hall of the church had a cool ramp, which for a toddler translates into SLIDE. The kids got so excited and took turns sliding down the ramp. It was hilarious seeing 17 children in Indian garb all sliding. Talk about
wild little Indians! I've posted a few pictures from the feast and of my beautiful flowers that my husband sent. Please say a prayer for Colin's grandmother. She has been battling lung and bone cancer for the past year and has been put back in the hospital following a surgery that she had a couple of weeks ago. Have a great weekend!
4 comments:
I imagine the teachers were probably rethinking that cornbread muffin idea! But what fun is it if you can't make a mess? :) And, it's amazing how these kids can make the most mundane things, like a ramp, fun. Good memories.
I can imagine in the kid's eyes they were thinking that ramp was SOOO big!
I will definitely be praying for Colin's grandmother. Keep us posted, O.K.?
Aren't Thanksgiving feasts fun! Kids amaze me with their imaginations. A few weeks ago I brought home an empty refridgerator box. They played with it for days! Maybe Santa should bring boxes instead of Rock Band!
I am sorry to hear about colins grandmother, they are all in my prayers!
Post a Comment