Friday, February 06, 2009

Best Laid Plans

Well, Colin and I have been in the trenches of parenthood since 11:30 last night and I'm not sure how this is going to affect my trip to Puerto Rico. Addison vomited in her bed (all dairy, no less) around 11:30 and woke us up as she cried, "mama, mama, mama." Colin stripped her bed, which I admit made me gag, while I stripped her and stuck her in the tub to clean her off. We put all of the bed linens in the washing machine and I changed her into a clean pair of pajamas and tried to get her settled down in our bed. Unfortunately, that lasted all of 30 minutes and we were up again removing puke-stained pajamas, towels, pillowcases, etc. once again. This happened several times throughout the night, leaving us with two hours of sleep and several loads of laundry. Since I am supposed to leave Monday for Puerto Rico, Colin agreed to keep her at home so that I could get my things together at the office. Honestly, I don't know at this point whether I'll have to cancel my trip, because this seems like a pretty yucky virus. I gave her a suppository this morning and she's already thrown up a red popsicle all over the carpet. Gotta love that! One of the little boys in her class is out today with rotavirus, so I am really concerned about Landry getting it. I hate it when my babies are sick and there's not anything I can do to make them feel better.

1 comment:

Ms. Sarah Sullivan said...

isn't this always the case with parenthood? bad timing! hope she's feeling better soon:)