I made it back to Vicksburg around 4:30 this afternoon and was so happy to be back home. I dropped my stuff inside my bedroom door, changed into some warmer clothes, and headed to my parent's house to see my babies. Colin met me there with Landry and we ate dinner before heading home...or at least I thought we were heading home. Colin took the back way and I decided to take the Interstate...big mistake. There was a horrible wreck on I-20 near Bovina and Addison and I sat in the exact same spot from 7:15 until 8:45. She was in tears because she was so tired and I can't say that I blame her since I had been up since 4 a.m. at that point. We finally made it home about 9 and I am now about to crawl into the bed. There's nothing like sleeping in your own bed. I'll give a recap of the trip tomorrow, but wanted to post one picture (the only other picture that I have with me in it) from our visit to the Portuguese Dam on Thursday. This is a group picture of most of our group. The Portuguese Dam is in phase 1 of construction and is a project that is being overseen by the Corps' Jacksonville District in Puerto Rico. Since we're all part of the Corps of Engineers, we made a trip to see the site while we were in the area. And, let me tell you, the photo doesn't do the elevations of the photo justice. There are some pretty steep slopes on this mountain!
Friday, February 13, 2009
Ready To Crash
I made it back to Vicksburg around 4:30 this afternoon and was so happy to be back home. I dropped my stuff inside my bedroom door, changed into some warmer clothes, and headed to my parent's house to see my babies. Colin met me there with Landry and we ate dinner before heading home...or at least I thought we were heading home. Colin took the back way and I decided to take the Interstate...big mistake. There was a horrible wreck on I-20 near Bovina and Addison and I sat in the exact same spot from 7:15 until 8:45. She was in tears because she was so tired and I can't say that I blame her since I had been up since 4 a.m. at that point. We finally made it home about 9 and I am now about to crawl into the bed. There's nothing like sleeping in your own bed. I'll give a recap of the trip tomorrow, but wanted to post one picture (the only other picture that I have with me in it) from our visit to the Portuguese Dam on Thursday. This is a group picture of most of our group. The Portuguese Dam is in phase 1 of construction and is a project that is being overseen by the Corps' Jacksonville District in Puerto Rico. Since we're all part of the Corps of Engineers, we made a trip to see the site while we were in the area. And, let me tell you, the photo doesn't do the elevations of the photo justice. There are some pretty steep slopes on this mountain!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh my! That really stinks that you got stuck in traffic for an hour and a half!!! Glad you made it home safe from your trip. Looks like you got to have a little fun while you were away!!! :)
It looks beautiful there! But it sounds like you are in need of much rest!
So glad you are home to enjoy Valentine's Day with your sweet family!
Glad you made it home safe. Can't wait to see all of the pics!
Oh, we got stuck in the same mess from about 7:45 to 9!! Luckily, we didn't have any impatient children in the car with us!
Oh, we got stuck in the same mess from about 7:45 to 9!! Luckily, we didn't have any impatient children in the car with us!
Post a Comment