Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Checking In

Veranda view
Working the information booth at Civil Engineering

View of UPRM campus


It's late here in Puerto Rico and I have to get up really early in the morning, but wanted to give a brief update on my experience here and share a few photos. We have been working very long days...leaving hotel at 7:30, staying at the UPRM campus until around 6, heading to dinner at 7 or so and not returning back to the hotel until 10 or 10:3o. It makes for a very long day, but we've also had an enjoyable time. Puerto Rico is in the Atlantic time zone, so as I type this...it's after 11 here. For someone who has a minor in Spanish, this has been an excellent experience for me. Although it has been hot and humid here (the normal temp year round), the result is very lush vegetation. It's nice to see all the green tropical plants and trees. I'll fill you in on more details when I return, but here are a few pics. One photo is of the UPRM campus and also the view from the veranda at our hotel here in Mayaguez. We are leaving tomorrow to head to San Juan and are staying in an outstanding hotel tomorrow night before our flight back Friday morning. And, the photo of me was taken by one of the staff members on campus and it's a little blurry, but I wanted to have proof that I indeed made the trip! Before I sign off, let me also say that I am very proud of my sweet husband for surviving thus far...especially given that Addison was sick the first part of the week. Unfortunately, he's going to pay me back next week when he goes out of town for a few days for work.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like long days but with that wonderful sun and scenery who would care! Have fun and know your hubby and kids will enjoy the time together while you are away. daddy's need some good bonding time.

Taylor & Krisa said...

I'm so glad you posted pics! You look great - and I'm jealous of the tropical scenery as I sit here staring at the fake tree in my office!

Sweet T said...

I share Krisa's comment...you do look great! We don't see pics of you often. (usually cause us mommies are behind the camera!)

Deanna said...

Ahhh... it looks wonderful, but of course, work is work and not near as much fun as when you are sharing with it with your hubs! Enjoy your time. I know your hubs and your kids will be thrilled when you get home.

Amy said...

That veranda view is stunning! I know how you feel about the long days and not really getting to just relax in the great setting (Scottsdale trip). Hope you get to have some fun!

AMANDA said...

Love the pics. I hope you find some R&R. We miss you here. Safe travels.

Carly Winborne said...

That "veranda view" is SO NOT FAIR! Although I'm sure you deserve it.

Finish a great trip and head home safely!