Sunday, February 08, 2009
A Doozy of a Weekend!
Where do I start? The past few days have been exhausting and stressful to say the least. I worked all day Friday after only getting two hours since Addison was up all night vomiting. Colin stayed home with her Friday so that I could get everything at the office ready for my trip to Puerto Rico. I got off work at 5:30, picked up Landry from Mrs. Lelia's, went to Kroger pharmacy to get suppositories for Addison, went through the drive-through at Rowdy's to pick up dinner and finally made it home around 7 absolutely dead on my feet. Luckily, Addison was no longer vomiting, but had started with watery diarrhea and was running fever. Since one of the little boys in her class has been out with rotavirus and she's now had the watery diarrhea since Friday, we're pretty certain that she has it too. My hands are raw from washing them so much and sterilizing everything in an attempt to keep Landry virus free. As if having a child with rotavirus wasn't enough, my luck became even more interesting on Saturday. Since I am leaving at 5:30 a.m. tomorrow to head to the airport, I ran to Walmart Saturday while the kids were napping to stock up on formula, diapers, baby food, and anything else Colin might need while I am gone this week. The clerk rang up all my items (and I just about stroked at how such few items could add up so fast) and I tried to swipe my debit card. My debit card wouldn't go through! I tried again and it still wouldn't work. I finally decided to just use my credit card to avoid any hassle. As I was leaving, Colin sent me a text asking if my debit card was working. I'm thinking to myself, "how did he know to ask that?" Oddly enough, a lady called the house about the same time that I was at Walmart saying that my card had been compromised and they had cancelled the card and that we would need to contact the bank on Monday morning. Great! Here I am about to go outside the U.S. and I have no debit or ATM card. Even though I have my travel card from work that pays for my expenses, I still like to have back-up money of my own. I was so upset by all of this that I somehow managed to leave my purse in the buggy when I pushed it in the buggy return. I had my keys and my Blackberry, but no purse. I got halfway down the road and realized that I didn't have it and extreme panic set in! My heart was literally beating out of my chest as I thought about someone taking it before I could get back to it. I turned around as quickly as I could, but it was gone by the time I got there. As I was searching the buggy return, Colin called customer service to see if anyone had turned it in. No such luck. I decided to go in and check anyway....praying the entire time that someone was nice enough to turn it in. As I approached the counter, I saw a lady with my purse in hand putting it in the lost and found box. Hallelujah! Thank you, God! I was so relieved, but was so mad at myself for being so absent-minded. It's not like me at all to forget something as important as my purse, but the whole debit card crisis and having a sick child at home all while I still needed to pack and do a million things before the trip was just TOO much for one weekend. I've managed to calm down some today and have tackled most everything on my to-do list, but Addison is still sick and I'm stressing about leaving my babies for the week. This will be my first time away from Landry for more than a night. I also worry about Colin having to handle everything on his own this week. Say a prayer for us this week...we're both going to need it. And right now, I need some sleep. It's been a LONG weekend and 4:30 a.m. is going to come really early! Hasta Luego!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hope you enjoy some of the sleep you will hopefully get while you are gone.
Good grief! My stomach got in knots just reading all of this. I'm so glad you found your purse. Sorry Addison is sick, but maybe when you get back, you'll get a big reception from your family--all well and ecstatic to see you! Hope your trip goes well!
My goodness! I know you will be working while you are in Puerto Rico, but hopefully you will have a little downtime to recooperate from this weekend too!
Have a Great trip girlie! We will miss ya!!!
Post a Comment