.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Addison had her ear tube surgery this morning and did great. We arrived at the hospital at 7 and we were home by 10. The actual procedure only took about 10 minutes total. The longest part was waiting in the staging room before and after the surgery. She looked so cute in her little hospital gown, but I didn't think to bring my camera until after we got to the hospital. She is growing up so fast and it's amazing how she understands a lot of what we tell her. I explained before the nurse anesthetist came to get her that the doctor was going to take her and make her ears all better and then bring her back to mommy and daddy. I thought she would cry and reach for us when they came to get her, but it seemed like she understood and she let them scoop her up and take her away. I was so proud. She LOVES school and is learning so much. This month, she learned about farm animals and the color orange. When you ask her what a cow says, she'll say "moo, moo." She also likes to point to ducks and to pigs. She can point out the color orange if I ask her to bring me the orange cup or show me the color orange in a book. My friend Allison gave us the "Going to Bed Book" back when I was expecting and it's Addison's favorite book. She carries it around everywhere and I have memorized the words and just recite them to her every night at bed. Children truly are sponges. She also loves to drink out of a big cup with a straw and we can't eat at a restaurant without her reaching for our cup during the entire meal. She also loves my cell phone and Colin's Blackberry. She even started saying "Blackberry" today. You can really only understand the "berry" part, but it's obvious that's what she's saying. I guess we can write that down as her first big word. Her daddy is rubbing off on her too much. My grandparents came to see her in recovery today and she was so happy to see them. Once we got home, Mary-Beth and Lane surprised her with an Ole Miss Rebel rag doll and told her to feel better. Thanks, Mary-Beth and Lane! That was so sweet of you!!! Here are a few pics of Addison with mama's drink and daddy's Blackberry and also giving her Ole Miss doll "love" and rocking her. She thinks she's so grown!
2 comments:
Sara, I forgot to post this earlier, but the tutu dress, with the Gerber daisies ~~ Can you ask your friend how much she'd charge to make me one?
I LOVE IT.
Ya'll were in and out quicker than we were. :) You should see results very very soon. :) Liv didn't cry out for us either when she left or came back, but everytime the nurses came in the room after she came back, she would hold on to us very tightly. ha! That day we started seeing the results of the tubes. She was happier and she started talking more. And now she's nonstop! ha! :)
Jennifer
Post a Comment