Thursday, October 18, 2007
Life-Changing Moments
I have been beside myself with grief this week after finding out that a dear friend of mine was in a horrible car accident Saturday afternoon. My friend was 28 weeks pregnant with her second little girl and she and her mom were hit head-on by a drunk driver as they returned from Expectations in Brookhaven. She and her mother both survived the accident by the grace of God, but the impact caused her uterus to rupture and she lost the baby (who she has named Sarah Katherine) instantly. As if that's not heart-wrenching enough, the doctors had to do a hysterectomy in order to save her life. My friend spent several days in ICU, but is now in a regular room and is doing remarkably well. She and her mother both hope to go home soon. I went to see her yesterday afternoon and was comforted to see her sitting up and eating a popsicle, but I know that nothing can take away the emotional pain that she must feel. I pray that the Lord will comfort her in this time and remind her that there is a plan for her life. I know it may be hard for her to understand what that plan is right now, but HE certainly knows! May she be reminded what a lovely day it will be when she gets to hold Sarah Katherine in her arms. If anything, I've been reminded how our lives can change in a split second. One minute you are shopping for maternity clothes and baby items and the next minute your life changes completely. My prayer is that all of us will keep that in mind. I know that I'll read an extra book to Addison tonight instead of putting her to bed early and let her play in the bath tub just an extra five minutes. We never know when something like that will be the last memory that a loved one has of us, so we need to make sure that we make the little moments count. Please keep my friend and her family in your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. I will definitely keep your friend in my prayers.
Oh My goodness, that's terrible.
What a tragedy.
So sorry to hear; will definitely keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment